Re: Cut, Copy, Paste Nightmare

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 13:56 -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:

> So in summary after copy or cut, I am never sure whether shift-insert
> or the mouse-middle-button will paste the just cut text. Frequently,
> neither works properly.
>
> Anyone else? Any suggestions? This is one of those minor annoyances
> that is extremely frustrating at times.

Middle-mouse should paste what is currently highlighted (without
needing an extra copy step), right-mouse/paste or the keyboard
equivalent should paste whatever you last right-mouse/copied.
Usually application menu edit/copy edit/paste are the same
as the right-mouse versions but sometimes they go their own way.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com