lvm boot from second volume group

list user xktnniuymlla at mailinator.com
Wed May 31 18:48:24 UTC 2006

Hi everybody!

I'm using fc4 and working with xen, and it works great, but I've come
upon an issue that I don't know how to resolve.

I've many different images and configurations using lvm and grub to
multi-boot.  To keep things easy (for me) I use IDE drives and the
motherboard's built-in IDE interfaces.

I added another volume group, vg1, to my lvm setup, and placed an fc4
tree on it, and added an entry to grub.conf.  However, when I try to
boot into that image it fails.  Same image on volume group 0 (vg0) will
boot.

Has anybody managed to use grub to boot from a second volume group?

I suspect that it may be an initrd issue, but don't know for sure.

Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx!