Help - Grey Screen

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 1 12:17:11 UTC 2006

Andy Green wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 07:25, joelhp at proaxisweb.com wrote:
>
>> I need help getting past a grey screen on disk 1 of the fedora ppc install.
>> nothing changes it.  It will begin to install from the boot prompt and then
>> at the end of the first set of instructions, it switches to a grey screen
>> and thats it. Any thoughts?
>
> How about starting the install from the first prompt with
>
> linux text
>
> to install in text mode?
>
> -Andy

Another option is to start the install with 'linux xdriver=vesa' to get
the installation to use the vesa driver instead. If you wanted to assure
that the installer used any particular driver, you can add that driver
after xdriver=<mydriver>

The gray screen usually indicates poor xdriver detection. Specifying a
particular driver may prevent the failure.

Jim

--
<xtifr> you don't have to be insane to work here....oh wait, yes you do!
         :)