firefox 2

George Pappas george at mirrabooka.com
Wed Nov 1 23:44:15 UTC 2006

Hey,

I am running 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 and updgraded to firefox 2, my method
follows...

Downloaded the tarball firefox-2.0.tar.gz, firefox 1.5 lives in
/usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.1/ so I created firefox-2 dir and dumped the
tarball in there.  Then modified the symbolic link /usr/bin/firefox to
point to my new install dir
e.g.
 [george at titan lib]$ which firefox
/usr/bin/firefox
[george at titan lib]$ l /usr/bin/firefox
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Oct 26 09:52 /usr/bin/firefox ->
/usr/lib/firefox-2/firefox

to create the link .... ln -s /usr/lib/firefox-2/firefox /usr/bin/firefox

hope this helps, i'd like to know how everyone else has installed their
favourite browser