Webcam choice

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 10:26:37 UTC 2006

My webcam is fairly old, and it looks as though it has had its day.  I get a
picture in ekiga, but it is hopelessly wrong in colour and hopelessly out of
focus.  It's not got a focusing ring, either.  I think it's time to buy a new
one.

I looked at what my local supplier is offering, picked out two that look good
(after discarding several others for a variety of reasons) and tried to
google for linux compatibility.  The only references I found were very old,
and with things changing at the rate they do that makes them untrustworthy in
my eyes.

I need a webcam easily available in the UK.  Any recommendations?

Anne