Gnome has disaapeared in FC6 and only KDE remains.-SOLVED

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 7 00:27:52 UTC 2006

John Wendel wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Jeff Vian wrote:

>>> Exactly, which is why pirut is on my "do not use" list.
>>
>> Pirut has similar behavior as Yumex or Synaptic for example.
>> Unselecting a package in the package list clearly means remove the
>> software in all these package managers.
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> Actually, in Synaptic, unselecting a package means right click, navigate
> a menu, see a pop-up window telling you what is going to be uninstalled,
> and click OK or cancel. A far cry from "unchecking a line". It isn't
> something you can do by accident.

Pirut prompts with the complete list of dependencies before
uninstallation too. That prompt had a timeout which is removed in the
latest update. If you unselect a package and accept a dialog box for
confirmation, then your packages are going to get removed. More hand
holding is unnecessary IMO.

Rahul