Problems with nv driver

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Wed Nov 8 07:25:08 UTC 2006

On 11/08/2006 12:00 AM, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd at acm.org> wrote:

>> > Most likely because FC6 uses Composite by default.  You can try
>> > disabling it.
>>
>> How?
>
> Add:
> Section "Extensions"
>        Option      "Composite" "disable"
> EndSection

This works.  Thanks.  GoogleEarth is again usable (though not blazingly
fast) with the nv driver.  I might also try this with the nVidia driver
(since GLX was disabled because of the presence of Composite and
GoogleEarth complained about the lack of GLX).

Of course, there is no mention of this section in the xorg.conf man page
(which I had looked at).

--
Sjoerd Mullender