FC6 and CISCO VPN Client

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Mon Nov 13 06:57:45 UTC 2006

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Alessandro Brezzi <alessandro.brezzi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> after a fresh install and full update of FC6, I'm unsuccesfull in
>> installing CISCO VPN Client
>
> Why do you want to install from source? It is already packaged as an
> RPM for FC6.

No, vpnc is not the same as cisco's vpn client.

vpnc is an open source implementation of cisco's vpn client.

There are pros and cons for both.

To compile cisco's client:

Untar the file.
cd vpnclient
make

Look at the filename when it stops, edit the file and
remove the line containing:

#include <linux/config.h>

Run make again, edit the file when it stops, etc.

When it compiles without problems, you can run the
normal installation script.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk