FC6 copy/paste from mouse?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Tue Nov 14 15:32:33 UTC 2006

Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:

> Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
>
>> > Hi,

>> > I also saw this bug but a "yum upgrade" fixed it.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Zoltán Böszörményi
>> >

>                     Unfortunately I updated this morning again and still
>                     have the problem.  Not sure if it's related to xfce
>                     but I believe it was doing it initially with Gnome
>                     also?  It's a nuisance because I have to click to
>                     bring up a copy/paste menu and work with that
>                     cumbersom method!
>
>                     Thanks for the response, at least I know I'm not alone.
>
>                     Bob Goodwin
Not seeing and have not seen the problem here.  I get the digest form of
the list so I used x-paste for the author line and the subject to format
this reply.  This is on my desktop (Gnome, nv video, "normal" mouse with
scroll wheel).  I also checked on my laptop (Gnome, radeon video,
synaptics touch pad) and it works fine there too.

Are you starting gpm and is it still running?  I vaguely remember that
this is provided by the "text mouse."  You might see if you can
highlight and paste without X.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce