Mount NTFS disk as a read and write volume and not read only.

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 20 00:18:28 UTC 2006

> Put the disk back in the machine. Boot using the XP install disk.
> Choose to repair using the Recovery Console...?
>
> Surely far less hassle...

Surely less hassle if the disk wasn't completely full, 26k left. When
I did what you're suggesting, the windows installer didn't recognize
the parition format and wanted to reformat it. With ntfsfix I was
able to repair the disk, cause windows crashed when the disk got
full, and with ntfs-3g I mounted it and deleted all the junk it had.
I put it back in the PC and windows booted with no problem.
Thanks
EJ