FC6 - rpm --verifydb reveals problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 04:11:16 UTC 2006

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 8:13 PM -0500 11/20/06, Jim Cornette wrote:
>> It appears that the --verifydb error was not as damaging as suspected.
>> Simply rebooting and removing the /var/lim/rpm/__db* file and running
>> rpm --rebuildb put the system back to normal.
>
> Well, good.

I felt relieved that there was no catastrophic damage to the rpm
database. It would be handy though for software auditing programs, if
any exist that rely on the rpm database.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Jim

--
Blackmail Error:
Send $200 to Bill Gates or your computer will get so messed up it will never