w32codecs

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 23 18:59:22 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 23:41:48 +0530
"Vivek J. Patankar" <list307 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will that work for x86_64? With mplayer & mplayerplug-in I am able to
> view most of the streaming content but some sites (like CNN.com) don't
> work. MPlayer is able to buffer content but not play.

Nope, the extra codecs only with with the 32bit version of mplayer.
I've got both 32 and 64 bit boot partitions on my system, so I
whipped up a little shell script to set PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
so I can run the 32 bit mplayer from my 32 bit FC6 partition.
Seems to work on the occasional video the 64 bit version can't play.