Upgrade to FC6 takes very, very long time

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 01:41:28 UTC 2006

How about loading Xenix on a Tandy 6000 using a 8" floppy or loading Xenix
on a 386 using a few 5.25" disks.... I deployed Xenix systems over 20 years
ago that used a full 32-bit Microsoft compiler and had uptimes measured in
months while my friends were doing 8 and 16-bit stuff on DOS.....  SCO Xenix
rocked (that was the OLD SCO).  I could load the system and application in
30 minutes or less from 3-4 disks.  Slackware  also loaded quite well from
floppy with a 0.99 kernel....

I have NEVER had a Xenix/Unix/Linux install or upgrade that took over a few
hours, much less well over 12 hours, until I upgraded my laptop last night.
Me thinks something be broke.

Cheers,