What hostname do you use on your computer?

Knute Johnson linux at rabbitbrush.frazmtn.com
Wed Nov 29 22:54:31 UTC 2006

What name do you give your computer?  I just installed FC6 and set my
hostname to knute.sagebrush.frazmtn.com.  My gateway router is
sagebrush.frazmtn.com and I used my name for this computer.  I've run
into a couple of snags though.  Since knute.sagebrush.frazmtn.com
doesn't have a DNS entry anywhere I can't relay mail through remote
servers.  If I set my computer to localhost.localdomain then I can relay
mail just fine.  What do you do if you don't have a fixed IP?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson