yum upgrade FC5->FC6 issues (Jim Cornette)

Leonid Flaks flaks at bnl.gov
Fri Oct 27 04:07:54 UTC 2006

I think the reason for this problem with libsepol is the version number.
FC5 has (after all updates) version 1.12.28-1.fc5. FC6 has version
1.12.27-1 both for libsepol and libsepol-devel. Here is my  situation. I
was doing yum upgrade FC5->FC6.
FC5 had libselinux-devel installed. New libselinux-devel requires
lisepol-devel. The version of this package on FC6 requires in turn
libsepol version 1.12.27-1, but I have libsepol 1.12.28-1.fc5 already
and it was not going to be upgraded to a lower version number.
So yum is confused and we have dependency issue. In my case I removed
lidsepol package from FC5 with --nodeps option, copied the file
/lib/libsepol.so.1 back from another system and then did yum upgrade. It
would have been easier to just save a copy of the file somewhere on the
system, but it was too late at that point. Looks like the version of
libsepol and libsepol-devel should be changed to something higher then
version on FC5 to avoid this confussion. Did anyone checked bugzilla on
that?
Searchig for fc - version6 - libsepol turned nothing.

Hope that note will help somebody.

Leon