Media Check errors on Fedora Core 6

alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Oct 27 18:06:09 UTC 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Tom Weniger wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Thompson Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net> wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone else having similar challenges, or should I
>> assume the problem is entirely on this end?
>>
>> As a side issue, how would I get the sha1sum of the burned
>> cd? I believe that should remain the same as the image
>> file, or am I completely a sea?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help
>>
> Greetings Thompson,
>
> I had a similar challenge with the DVD download. I cleaned the DVD
> after it failed the mediacheck the first time, then did another
> mediacheck with the boot message linux ide=nodma (from the release
> notes) and it failed again. I then tried the mediacheck in another PC
> and it worked. Third-time lucky when I retried it on the original PC.
>
> Open a terminal and type:
>> sha1sum  'name of cd'

Another issue may be a dying dvd drive.

I had similar failures on my last DVD burner.  I replaced the drive and it
now works fine.

DVD burners are $37.00 or thereabouts.  Not worth the time making a broken
drive work since they are so cheap to replace.

--
Q: Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas?
A: Because OCT 31 == DEC 25