Re: smart package mgr question?

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 02:12:07AM -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> Good points. It's the reason I almost never accept downgrades
> suggested by Smart, except when I'm trying to get around some
> dependency issue, and intend to reinstall the current packages
> immediately after - I have done it on one or two other occasions,
> but for very special circumstances. As I mentioned earlier in
> this thread, Smart always gives you an approval window where it
> lists exactly what it intends to do before proceeding, and
> there's a cancel button.

Claude, for a meaningful discussion on this subject you should post
what exactly smart is trying to do, best with --explain. Otherwise
we're hunting myths and noone is served by this, it just creates
hearsay arguments that some people like the software and others
don't. W/o details it cannot be analysed.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net