app doesn't find lib file options

tom poe tompoe at fngi.net
Sun Oct 1 15:50:08 UTC 2006

Ed Greshko wrote:
> tom poe wrote:
>> I'm running FC5 and trying to get app called, democracyplayer to launch.
>> [tom at localhost bin]$ ./democracyplayer
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> - - -snip - - -
>>     import MozillaBrowser
>> ImportError: libgtkembedmoz.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
>> file or directory
>> [tom at localhost bin]$ locate libgtkembedmoz.so
>> /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.6/libgtkembedmoz.so
>> /usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.13/libgtkembedmoz.so
>> [tom at localhost bin]$
>>
>> Is there a way to launch this app?  Any help appreciated.
>
> Read their release notes?  :-)
>
> https://develop.participatoryculture.org/projects/democracy/wiki/LinuxNotes

Ed:  The command on that page changed since I first ran it.  Here's
today's command:
[root at localhost bin]# echo
"/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.13">/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mozilla-i386.conf ; ldconfig
bash: ldconfig: command not found

And, here's the command I ran the first time, a few days ago:
[root at localhost bin]# echo
"/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.13">/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mozilla-i386.conf ldconfig
[root at localhost bin]#

Neither one seems to do the trick to launch the app.  I posted to the
Forum, but no response, yet.  I was hoping there might be a command that
lets me explicitly tell the app to add the file when launching.
Tom