Re: XSL-FO processor for Fedora Core 5

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Trond Danielsen wrote:

> On 10/1/06, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday mindspring com> wrote:
> > but why do you specifically not want to use FOP?  it seems to work,
> > i've used it with great success for quite some time.
> >

> Is it possible to use FOP without sun-java? I have used it, but I get
> a lot of errors:
>
> [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser as SAX2 Parser
> [INFO] FOP 0.20.5
> [INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser as SAX2 Parser
> [INFO] building formatting object tree
> [INFO] setting up fonts
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented yet.

errors like this have nothing to do with java.  you're being told that
your version of FOP doesn't support certain features.  you can check
what's implemented and what isn't here:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-section

note how "background-position" is *not* implemented in the current
stable version of FOP, but *is* implemented in the current beta
version.  you might want to try the beta version and see how many of
these errors go away.

rday