[WOT] Re: top posting netiquette

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Oct 1 23:50:18 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 01:59 +0200, Alain PORTAL wrote:
> Le dimanche 1 octobre 2006 04:24, Ed Greshko a écrit :
> > You guys may want to consider marking this OT or WOT and go from there.
>
> Please, consider not english readers of the mailing list!
> Don't use anagrams!
> I don't understand what means OT and WOT and I'm not probabely the only one.
----
OT  = Off Topic (not relevant to Fedora)
WOT = Way Off Topic (Not relevant to anything connected to Fedora)

don't worry about those posts since they are entirely devoid of any
informational content and generally expressed for the gratifications of
their ego.

While I generally agree that insistence on netiquette can be a problem
in itself, the success of mail lists in general suppose a certain amount
of respect for the participants.

Craig