Re: Replacing/Adding new hard disk to FC5

At 9:58 AM -0400 10/2/06, Claude Jones wrote:
>Paul: I wonder if you can tell me the following, which is related.
>What are the advantages of using LVM vs. say, ext3?

There is no "vs." here.  Using LVM is independent of using EXT3.  LVM is a
partitioning scheme, while EXT2/3 are filesystem types.  The merits of LVM
are vs. other partitioning schemes such as Basic, Extended, or GUID.  The
merits of EXT3 are vs. other filesystem types such as EXT2, FAT32, or NTFS.
TonyN.:'    The Great Writ     <mailto:tonynelson georgeanelson com>
      '      is no more.             <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>