Intel core 2 duo (ACPI=off -> only one CPU found)

Hello all,

I have one Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz with motherboard Intel D946GZIS and 2GB Dual Channel.

When the system is booting, it crash checking the ACPI, not even the keyboard works, it stops with no message.

When I pass the kernel option "acpi=off", it works fine, but found only one CPU.

I also tried to boot with other Hard drive that already have Fedora 2 with SMP installed (it is working in other machine with 2 P.III 1GHz processors)
but only boots with "acpi=off".

Did anyone had this same problem? Is there a way to solve this without "acpi=off"? can it be a motherboard problem?

Thanks a lot and forgive my English.

Best regards,

Anderson Alipio
anderson tsci com br