Re: wav to iso and iso to audio cd

On 10/1/06, Todd Zullinger <tmz pobox com> wrote:
>>Did you go through the cdrecord man file?  The "-audio" section
>>seems to indicate that you can make a disc just from a collection of
>>audio files.  That is a command line tool.
>
> Thanks, Tim. I do know how to use cdrecord to create an audio cd.
> However, I would like to create a single file (iso-like?) with the
> image of the audio cd.

cdrdao does this.  From the man page:

    read-cd
        Copies all tracks of the inserted CD to an image file and
        creates a corresponding toc-file.  The name of the image file
        defaults to "data.bin" if no --datafile option is given.

You'll have two files, one is an image of the audio data and the other
is the table of contents (toc) file that describes how the tracks are
laid out.

Thanks, Todd.

Paul