Re: remove "shutdown" option from gnome system (not gdm!) menu?

When I log into my FC5 box from a thin client, the system menu does
not have the "shutdown" item.  Everything else is there.

That's not really a solution - just a possible clue.  IIRC, that
applies to KDE as well, but I've only double-checked it in Gnome.

Maybe there's a way to tell the X server/window manager that the local
screen is "remote"?

Chris