Re: bad memory or PEBKAC?

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 16:34 +0100, Thufir wrote:
> I've been googling, err, "gmane searching", the list for "format" and
> "reformat" with FAT, or even "LBA FAT".  However, this will erase the
> existing OS on the device, such that I'd have to boot windows and
> unpdate the, presumably, flash PROM, or, whatever the technique is, to
> re-install the OS for the device.  Also, I'm including "player" and
> "mp3" as possible search terms.

The MP3 player side of it mightn't have any software on the storage area
of the flash RAM.  Many of the things just treat the flashdrive as a
storage space.

When you plug the drive into a PC, do you see anything other than your
music files listed?  That'd be a big clue.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.