Hi,
One of my boxes is running FC5, using a Linuxant driver for the wireless connection to the router. Dureing the entire existence of FC5 I had no problems. After the update to the present kernel ( 2.6.17-1.2187_FC5) the connection to the internet broke down, without obvious reason. Tried to reboot the system, but it hanged on udev. I followed suggestions I found after googling (mainly changing the etc/udev/rules.d files, or putting "acpi=off" in the kernel line of /etc/grub.conf. But neither worked. I reinstalled. I configured system-config-network. By the time I got it going I couldn't launch any application. It must have something to do with X, I think. This problem occurs after every reboot: when I have a working network connection I can't start any application.
Any suggestions are wellcome.
Peter