SElinux and speed issues

Hi, some time ago, maybe a year of so I saw a post some where
suggesting that disabling selinux would improve the speed of gnome
(cant recall weather it was fedora specific or not) and I did and yes
things (most notably menus and window opening and closing) were
faster...

With the fc6 just around the corner I was wondering if this is still
the case, and perhaps more importantly is selinux worth the hassel on
a single user home desktop machine?

Thanks...

--
Rob