ATI and GLX graphics

I had a system with a NVIDIA card, but the images on the screen were fuzzy. I had GLX for the NVDIA card installed.

I replaced the graphics card with an ATI card and am now trying to get the GLX graphics working again.

I have tried to delete all references and drivers for the NVDIA card from the system. I have upgraded the system from FC 2 to FC 3 to separate the NVDIA drivers from the kernel.
I have "sh ati-driver-installer-8.28.8.run"

When I reboot the system, glx does not work.

Xorg.0.log contains:
(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (NVIDIA X driver not found)

I don't see any warning messages in /var/log/messages concerning the graphics.

How can I get glx working on this system?

Thanks for your help.