Re: yum broken ... HELP ....

I'm going with a reinstall .. of the os ...
Thanks for the help ..

On 10/4/06, Timothy Murphy <tim birdsnest maths tcd ie > wrote:
Gregory Machin wrote:

> if I try and exicute python from the comand line I get the following ....
>
> -bash: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

So your problem has nothing to do with yum;
you do not have python properly installed.
You could try (as superuser) "chmod 755 /usr/bin/python".
If that doesn't work, you could try re-installing the python rpm.

But if that doesn't work,
there are so many things that depend on python
that it might be simpler to re-install fedora.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366