Automatic BackupFiles

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Oct 6 17:51:20 UTC 2006

Ranjith VRS wrote:
> Hi Friends
> I am new to Linux. I am using FC-5. Is there any script or any method
> to take backup of all files inside home directory automatically.
> Right now i doing manually. It is little bit pain. Everyday before
> leaving i am spending half an hour for that.
> Forgive me if this question already discussed.
>
> Ranjith

> Find out what India is talking about on - Yahoo! Answers India
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/yanswers/*http://in.answers.yahoo.com/>
> Send FREE SMS to your friend's mobile from Yahoo! Messenger Version 8.
> Get it NOW
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/in/messengertagline/*http://in.messenger.yahoo.com>

It's no trouble.  Yes it has been discussed, however, there's a tool
that I use that works fantastic.  It's called rsnapshot (rsnapshot.org)
and they do have RPMs available for install if it isn't in extras.
Check it out and I"ll be happy to help you off-list if you need it.  We
use it to backup data to our SAN.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney