Is there a "yum re-install"?

For some reason I do not understand,
some of the files in an rpm/yum package (libXmu) are missing.
I could download the rpm again, and run "rpm -Uvh ...".
I cannot run "yum remove", as this would remove 157 packages.

Is there any command to force a yum install,
even if the package in question is already installed?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366