Windows is more secure than Linux :)

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Sat Oct 7 01:35:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:18:15 +0100
"Vijay Gill" <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this is old news but I thought of sharing it.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;276304
>
> Vijay

They would say that, wouldn't they? :-D

However, any system, be it Linux or Windows or BSD or a punchcard setup
with some fishing line and a paper cup, is only as secure as the
sysadmin's competence allows.

I work in a hosting company with all manner of systems in the racks and
seen far too may systems of both types compromised not merely by any
inherent insecurity but because the chairwarmer with the root /
Administrator password does not have the faintest idea what they're
doing, and no amount of patching will undo damage done by poor
configuration and lax system security policy.

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"