Re: Time problem with ntpd

On 10/8/06, David G. Miller <dave davenjudy org> wrote:

correct the reported time to prevent discontinuities.  It should not
have changed the time by 23 minutes over only a few hours.  You may have
something else going on.

Something else is going on, /var/log/messages contains lots of these:
Oct  8 10:43:19 localhost ntpd[2481]: sendto(130.123.2.98) (fd=21):
Invalid argument

which I tracked down to an old bug in ntpd going back at least one
year where ntpd needs to be restarted when ever the network interface
connection changes.  I don't understand why this is now a problem when
it wasn't a problem last week, well other than the update from fc5 to
fc6 of course :-)

--
Rob