file image creation failed

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 8 04:51:49 UTC 2006

Markku Kolkka:
>> Audio CDs don't contain any files and can't be mounted, that's
>> why you need a ripping program like grip.

William W. Austin:
> Actually this last stattment is incorrect: if you go to the trouble to
> add the cdfs driver available at
> http://www.elis.UGent.be/~ronsse/cdfs/.

To be pedantic, Markku is "correct" and you are "wrong".  There aren't
"files" on compact disc digital audio discs, that driver is "faking" it.

Doesn't mean it's not a useful thing to play with, but you're
misunderstanding what's going on, or misleading people.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.