Re: all commands of all users

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 09:34 -0400, adel essafi laposte net wrote:
> Dear all
> I am managing a fedora server in a high school. users connect to the server
> through ssh.
> I want to know if it is possible to configure the server so that I get all
> the command line they type in real type.
> the .bash_histoty is not a reliable solution because, it is updated after
> logout and the user can erase it.
> Is there another way?

Check out the 'lastcomm' command from the 'psacct' package.  It's many
years since I used it, so you'll have to read the docs to see what
setting up it requires.  I think you just run the 'accton' command to
enable process accounting, and then 'lastcomm' can be used to show the
last commands exectued by users.

Matt

Matt Davey      Did you hear that there's a group of South American Indians
mcdavey mrao cam ac uk 	   that worship the number zero?  Is nothing sacred?