firefox and cnn?

I've got firefox 1.5.0.7 on my i386 Fedora Core 5 box with all latest updates installed.

Whenever I visit the cnn.com homepage, the CPU usage on firefox-bin jumps to 95%
and stays there as long as I'm on the homepage.

Looking at strace, I see it doing lots of gettimeofday(), poll(), and read() calls
(the read always fails).

Anyone else seen this? Any easy way to find out if it is running inside some plugin?