Error opening usb drive under KDE

When I open my usb drive by clicking on the KDE icon 300G Media, the
drive opens correctly, but I get the error box:
        Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree. Internal error.
This happens whether or not the drive is already mounted; in the case
that the drive is not mounted, KDE mounts it correctly.

Here is some info that may be useful:

>From fstab:
        /dev/sda1  /media/usb-disk  ext3  defaults,user,ro,noauto  1 2

>From output of mount:
        /dev/sda1 on /media/usb-disk type ext3 (ro)

Any ideas?

Thanks - jon