[OT]: Limited data transfer outside local network ..?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Mon Oct 9 23:47:37 UTC 2006

George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- "David G. Miller" <dave at davenjudy.org> wrote:
>
>>> They finally sent a service tech out to check the
>>> problem.  Turns out a
>>> squirrel had chewed through part of cat5 line to the
>>> antenna.  They
>>> replaced the line and I coated it with hot sauce
>>> (Cold Cap to be
>>> exact).  Hopefully, the neighborhood squirrels don't
>>> like spicy food.
>>

>Sorry but, a friend just pointed out that squirrels
>and birds do not taste 'heat'.

Your friend is half correct.  Birds do not "taste" pepper heat; mammals
do.  Could be that rodents such as squirrels also aren't affected but
I'd be surprised.  These folks:

http://www.hotbirdseed.com/html/history.html

have based their business on squirrels not liking hot stuff.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce