[OT]: Limited data transfer outside local network ..?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 02:37:48 UTC 2006

David G. Miller wrote:
> George Arseneault <george_arseneault2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Sorry but, a friend just pointed out that squirrels
>> and birds do not taste 'heat'.
>>
> Your friend is half correct.  Birds do not "taste" pepper heat; mammals
> do.  Could be that rodents such as squirrels also aren't affected but
> I'd be surprised.  These folks:
>
> http://www.hotbirdseed.com/html/history.html
>
> have based their business on squirrels not liking hot stuff.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Way off topic, but I have to relate about a parakeet I had when I was a
child 60 years ago.  This parakeet had the run of the house as he was
basicly a people person, never really understanding why we didn't fly
around the place like he could.

We kept a can of Babo, the abrasive/cleansing/bleaching powder on the
windowsill above the kitchen sink.  This bird discovered it, and kept
the top of that can absolutely sparkling clean by licking the powder off
the can as soon as he could.  We thought it might hurt him, but he
survived for about a decade, finally making it through the screen door
one warm summer day when a visitor held it open too long.

--
Cheers, Gene