Initscripts with and encrypted partition

I just made an encrypted partition with cryptsetup which creates
a /dev/mapper/sda5 file. I formatted this ext3, this is for my /home
partition. Well I close the partition and rebooted, Now the system wont
boot, it hangs at Checking filesystems: It's looking
for /dev/mapper/sda5 which is not present.

How can the system ignore this partition? I think it part of
initscripts. Does it look at /etc/fstab?

/dev/mapper/sda5        /home       ext3   noauto     1 2

This is not present until cryptsetup luksOpen.

Any suggestions?

-Louis