Re: SSH question

Tony Nelson wrote:

Does backgrounding a task have the same effect?  That is, would:

    wget -b -c http://blah.blah.com &

do as well?  I didn't see anything relevent in man bash.

AIUI the task survives the loss of the ssh session, what kills it is the next time it tries to print something it gets a nasty signal along the lines of "don't know what you think you are printing to, but it isn't there any more". So from this wobbly asertion of half-knowlege, I guess if wget never prints anything again after you start it, it should complete okay using & as you suggest.

-Andy