Re: Does this sound app exist?

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 10:34 -0400, tomhorsley adelphia net wrote:
> but for normal use I want to be able to hear stuff without being
> blasted out of my chair when something loud comes along :-).

Hmm, yes, I know that feeling.  You're listening to some music then some
BLARING NOISE interrupts as a message has just arrived in Gaim, or
something else.  I re-recorded the annunciator noises at less than half
volume to avoid that.

You could always run a compressor between your computer and amplifier.

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.