Copying a user to a new user?

Rob Brown-Bayliss uncertain.genius at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 17:37:26 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Just tried putting root-owned files into /etc/skel (on FC5) and that
> worked fine.  I wonder if you're copying already broken files into
> there, rather than fresh ones that work properly?

I don't know. The user logs on ok, but the new clone user is compleatly broken.

> Hmm, I've heard of that, but can't recall reading a resolution.  I've
> seen similar on my own system:

I have been strugling with this issus since I upgraded to fc5, I had
hoped fc6 would fix it but it hasn't.

What I don't understand is why it's only effecting one user and not
the whole system.  Do you know if there are individual mime type
settings for users or not?

--
Rob