Re: Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

On 13/10/06, Tony Nelson <tonynelson georgeanelson com> wrote:
>What about JFS? I was recommended to convert to JFS by the only linux
>guru that I personally know. Any comments on it?

I know little about JFS.  As it comes from IBM originally, it should be
reliable.  You would want to consider availability of tools for resizing,
fixing, etc.

Well, I'd move all the data off the partition, then format as JFS,
then put the data back. I should have been more specific with my
question: will the standard Ubuntu kernels support JFS? Will I have to
compile my own kernels? Should I just use it for the data partitions,
and leave the filesystem on ext3?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xml.html
http://lyricslist.com/