wireless on a dell latitude

Hi,

I have a Dell latitude d610 laptop and I am wondering if anyone can give me some kind of ground-up HOWTO to get wireless running on it?
Are there any commands which will help me determine any system information useful to this process?  I have a linksys wrtp54g router which I want to work automatically.  Also with some light security if possible.

Any info is appreciated -

Thanks
Marc