Firefox - How to play wmv files?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 06:33:06 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 09:42 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> > http://membres.lycos.fr/sethnakht/FAQ%20MediaPlayerConnectivity.html
> >
> > I'm using this extension for FireFox and it works like a dream.
> > Nary a burp in the barrel. Ric
> >
> > --
>
> This is the error message I get when after restarting Firefox:
>
> Chrome Registration failed for Extension '{84b24861-62f6-364b-eba5-2e5e2061d7e6}'
> when calling nsIXULChromeRegistry::installSkin with this chrome path:
> jar:file:///home/chippy/.mozilla/firefox/3hnbzfr9.default/extensions/%7B84b24861-62f6-364b-eba5-2e5e2061d7e6%7D/chrome/mediaplayerconnectivity.jar!/skin/classic/mediaplayerconnectivity/ (profile extension = true).
> Perhaps this path does not exist within the chrome JAR file, or the contents.rdf file at that location
> is malformed?

Wow! I haven't a clue. It's an extension and as such ought to work. I do
not use FC's Java though. To me, this URL works hands down, no
problems:
http://www.stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html
scroll down the index and use his java install directions. I have no
problems. That is the main thing to me, what RH does doesn't pass the
little jumping guy test. I wouldn't think an extension would care at all
what desktop skin you're using. But, if you're relying on FC java
install, I'd recommend the real deal. You'll never have a problem in
your web browsing. At least I don't, except for some fonts that still go
wonkers. As long as I can use Linux and it only blows up on little
things, I don't mind so much.

Plus you get to see the Madalina Lourache "The Red Hat" series on
Stanton's site. I heard she got married. The lucky bum. It wasn't YOU
was it Stanton? Well, I got dibs on courting that lady in my next life,
once I get the Hell outa this one. :) Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/