Re: Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

On 13/10/06, John Wendel <john wendel metnet navy mil> wrote:
A little more info ...

hald-* is a service that watches for newly mounted hardware and
automates the process. I don't run it, but most sane people do.

I will keep this then. I'm always plugging in a camera or disk on key
or Dell Axim.

getty is (are) the processes that let you login on a plain (not X)
console. You want to keep this. You can tweak the number by editing
/etc/inittab where the 6 gettys get started. I only start 2.

Yes, I think that 1 might even be enought for me- I rarely ever use
them. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://dagot.com
http://easy-answers.org