Re: Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> dotancohen ubuntu:~$ grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>        Driver          "kbd"
>        Driver          "mouse"
>  Driver        "wacom"
>  Driver        "wacom"
>  Driver        "wacom"
>        Driver          "sis"
>
> The sis entry is the onboard ethernet, I think. I didn't realise that
> it was still enabled in bios.

No, in this case "sis" will be your SiS onboard graphics. They're not
great, but adequate for 2D.

Do you have any 3D screensavers enabled? If so, then they will drive up
the runtime attributed to X. But, obviously, they won't hurt performance
unless they're running (and shouldn't hurt system performance much even
when they are -- they should mainly take otherwise unused system time).

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | We're beginning to see the results of bringing a rubber
aprilcottage.co.uk | chicken to a nuclear battle.