Re: Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

On 15/10/06, James Wilkinson <fedora aprilcottage co uk> wrote:
Dotan Cohen wrote:
> dotancohen ubuntu:~$ grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>        Driver          "kbd"
>        Driver          "mouse"
>  Driver        "wacom"
>  Driver        "wacom"
>  Driver        "wacom"
>        Driver          "sis"
>
> The sis entry is the onboard ethernet, I think. I didn't realise that
> it was still enabled in bios.

No, in this case "sis" will be your SiS onboard graphics. They're not
great, but adequate for 2D.

Does me firefox and kate just fine! I need no more.

Do you have any 3D screensavers enabled? If so, then they will drive up
the runtime attributed to X. But, obviously, they won't hurt performance
unless they're running (and shouldn't hurt system performance much even
when they are -- they should mainly take otherwise unused system time).

Hope this helps,

James.

Just xscreensaver rotating random pictures out of a directory. Nothing
3d on this box.

Just slooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..............

Dotan Cohen

http://english-lyrics.com/