Top vs. bottom posting, solution proposal ;-)

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 15 21:38:45 UTC 2006

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Andy Oram wrote:

> Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>
> > So, I devoted a couple of hours of my time to write down some
> > prototype of top/bottom post converter, creatively named
> > top2bottom.c :-) .
> >
> I am impressed that you thought of doing this--creating a technical
> solution to a social problem.

IMHO, implementing something like this is a really bad idea, since it
implies that posters can revert to being sloppy about their posting
etiquette, knowing that some technical wizardry will fix it for them.

please -- i'm begging you -- do *not* start this discussion yet again.
i could have sworn that there is now an official edict somewhere on
redhat.com that states clearly that top posting is a *bad* *thing*.
can we please just accept that and not go through this every month?

rday